Istop and Reply-To

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 6 14:28:55 UTC 2003

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 09:09:37 -0500
Fraser Campbell <fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> > I've got someone on another list claiming that Istop users *must* use a
> > "reply-to" setting in their mailer as a matter of policy.
> >
> > Can any Istop users confirm or deny this?
>
> I doubt they'd try to enforce something quite so ridiculous.  I've never
> talked to their support department except in the first few days when Bell
> decided to screw with my line.  I send my email through their server using my
> own domain name, have no problems and never use reply-to.

Well, this person is claiming that, due to the fact that IStop uses "a lot of
SPAM filtering systems", they have to set a "reply to" or they will somehow
"lose e-mail".

Setting a "reply-to" for mailing lists is a major headache, and this person
refuses to comply with mailing list etiquette. Oh well, whatcha gonna do,
there's always one...

--
JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813
Registered Linux user #282046