KNOPPIX closes because Europe passes software IP laws

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 6 10:12:30 UTC 2003

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003, Robert Brockway wrote:

> In any case I can't see any evidence they have closed.  The warning about
> Euro patent law has been on their page for months.
>
> http://www.knoppix.net/ looks alive and well.

Yes but it was new to me (why don't they put a date on pages like this ?!
- I love to find pages with 'urgent action required' - posted in 1998))
and I got fooled by the small link to knoppix inside it. The page I am
referring to is:

http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/

which is the url the live cd sends you to.

Peter