Anyone have experience with Asterisk

Matthew M. Gamble tlug-Xk30rxnpnVyw5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 5 20:29:59 UTC 2003

We're using Cisco ATA186's and Grandstream phones, both of which are working
perfectly.  We also have a channel bank and have physical phones connected
to the same Asterisk box, and all of them are working together - it's a
really powerful system once you get it going.

We found that most soft clients were good (Xten was the best) but our users
didn't like having to use a softphone.  Most people like the Cisco ATA,
because it lets them use a real, physical phone and 'feels' more like a real
phone than a SIP phone.

For outbound lines, we have several setups - from using physical FXO's from
Bell to using pure SIP to our phone company.  If you'd like any advice /
configuration help, just drop me a line and I can help you out.

Regards,

M. Gamble