God help us all...

Chris Keelan rufmetal-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 4 20:00:07 UTC 2003

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 18:08:36 -0500
JoeHill <joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> ...ya, until this part kicks in:
>
> "The software running their brakes will upgrade itself wirelessly."
>
> That ought to be a fun experience coming down the 427 and running into
> a line of slow-moving transports...Windows Update patches your brake
> software and you end up a red smear on some guy's "How's My Driving?"
> bumper sticker.

Pop-up window on the windshield HUD:

Hi, it looks as if you're trying to pass someone. Do you want me to:

+ Increase speed
+ Honk the horn
+ Search the internet for tips about safe driving
+ See more about passing and right of way...

Looks like you forgot to un-check the box which says "Show this window
every time I accelerate"

~ C

--
That's like banging rocks together and being proud that you've
re-derived fire from first principles. ~ Jamie Zawinski