video plugin for mozilla on linux

Lloyd D Budd lloyd-fEEwcc3XMu8jODpR/OX0VQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 3 18:04:38 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 20:22, Austin wrote:
> On 09/15/2003 11:43:26 PM, JoeHill wrote:
> > also, IIRC, there are Mozilla mplayer plugins availabe the same way, as
> > well as flash, java, and realplayer.
>
> Not exactly.  Mandrake Linux does not include any commercial software.  But
> while ethics are all good and nice, there are ways to get the other you
> mentioned using urpmi.  All java-related stuff is available at jpackage.org.
> Flash and realplayer are a different story.  Best to just install them
> manually, but there are RPMs available for Mandrake Club members (not free).

I want to install real player and flash plug-ins on Mandrake 9.2.  First
I am trying to get flash to work, but after installation I receive:

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/usr/lib/mozilla-1.5/plugins/libflashplayer.so
[libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory]

I cannot seem to find a libstdc++ with this version of libc for mdk 9.2
, or a previous version of flash.  ?  Even better would be a mdk 9.2 RPM
for flash.  ?