Toronto FreeNet stable now; wish it were co-op, tho

Jason Slaughter jason-2F8E0OLjuh154TAoqtyWWQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 2 20:47:45 UTC 2003

Slightly OT:

The Tororonto FreeNet sounds great, and I'd be interested in using them for
DSL (I'm on Rogers Cable now). I'm curious though--is it possible to get DSL
access these days without a Bell land line? Both myself and my girlfriend use
cellphones exclusively, so we have no land line in our apartment. There is
(of course) a physical phone jack and wire that has to go to the central
office, but is it possible to get DSL on this without paying Bell for home
phone service?

DSL looks great, and it can be faster than Rogers, but the cost of DSL isn't
so hot when I have to tack on $20+/month for a phone line I don't need.

Jason