Netscape lock & purge

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 23 07:28:40 UTC 2003

Netscape is giving the following error:

"Netsacape has detected a /home/chris/.netscape/lock file..."

It goes on to suggest I delete the offending file and restart Netscape.

However, ls -a /home/chris/.netscape reveals no such file.

The only out-of-the ordinary thing I've done recently is to load my
saved mail from a backup after a recent re-image (instead of kissing
my old mail goodbye as I usually do).

Probelm 2 is that my Netscape mail reader won't delete the mail off the
server even though I have selected 'When deleting a messge locally,
remove it from the server' in the mail preferneces.

I have to manually remove the email through webmail.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Chris