St. Christopher House web page needs alt tags, was RE: Learning PHP

Andrew Malcolmson andzy-bYF1QM81rroS+FvcfC7Uqw at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 30 00:22:06 UTC 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:00:49 -0400 (EDT), "Max Blanco"
<blanco-S8qYAnHmZTt34ZA5RureAJ4VBq8PJc8F at public.gmane.org> said:

> Do they know about
> <http://www.htmlhelp.com/design/accessibility/>?
>
> It seems like they have excluded the lynx user...
>
>    Using Technology to Promote Social Inclusion
>
>    Information  and  Communication  Technologies  (ICT)  are increasingly
>    becoming  a  basic  need  for  people living and working in Canada. In
>    order  to  have  control  over one's life people need to access and be
>    able  to  apply  the  standard tools of our society. Not being able to
>    access  or  manipulate  ICT  creates  a  disadvantage to those without
>    access or skills.
>
>    The   St.  Christopher  House  Community  Learning  Network  is  about
>    enhancing people's ability to use computers and the Internet to engage
>    in meaningful social activities.

Thanks - I'll pass your comment on.  This will be useful as the PHP
project they're working on is to build a services/resources information
portal and accessibily should definitely be a requirement.

BTW: how does an ALT tag display in a text browser?

Also: this looks a lot better in links (aka elinks) than in lynx.  Didn't
try w3m.