Konqueror and Yahoo Groups

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 28 16:58:52 UTC 2003

On Thursday 28 August 2003 12:10, bob findlay wrote:

> The weirder part is that if I change the view from KHTML to KMOZILLA I can
> occasionally get a Yahoo Groups page to render.     As I understand what
> view does, it is just changing the look of the browser interface buttons,

I believe that "view mode" kmozilla means that you are using gecko to render
the webpage instead of khtml ... gecko is the rendering engine that mozilla
and several other projects use.  I don't know how far it goes ... perhaps
javscript is still handled by KDE libraries and that's where things are
falling down.

> The true Mozilla browser doesn't seem to have any problems with this site.
> Mozilla doesn't seem to want to participate in simple cut, copy and paste
> clipboard operations (in KDE anyway) which is why I'd like to be able to
> use Konqueror.

I would recommend that you make sure you're using the latest version of
konqueror (3.1.3), if you are maybe you're just out of luck.  I email my bank
every few months to remind them that they still haven't fixed their website
to work with my browser (luckily for me setting User-Agent is enough), I
don't have the time to debug your Yahoo problem completely but if you or
someone else did you could always try and approach yahoo with a fix ;-)

Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                       Debian GNU/Linux