Windows refund experience?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 28 15:50:30 UTC 2003

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 05:44:49PM -0400, Ian Goldberg wrote:
> They in fact give a "Re-installation CD", including SP1.  They've got to
> present you with a EULA at *some* point, though.  [Possibly after
> bootup.]

Likely on first boot when you are supposed register/activete and such.

> But then we don't get to impress on Dell that they really should offer
> to sell machines without the "Microsoft tax" included automatically.  I
> don't really like that I'm enriching Microsoft just because I bought
> some hardware.

Well Dell certainly isn't the company to deal with.  They seem to sell
Only intel hardware and only MS software.  They wouldn't want to offend
their suppliers and risk loosing their special deals.  Their must be
someone (other than IBM) that sell laptops without windows.

Lennart Sorensen