Windows refund experience?

Max Blanco blanco-S8qYAnHmZTt34ZA5RureAJ4VBq8PJc8F at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 27 21:56:08 UTC 2003

On 27 Aug 2003, Matthew Rice wrote:

> Ian Goldberg <linux-cOjNTMaGA5U at public.gmane.org> writes:
> > I certainly don't intend to turn the machine on without it booting
> > straight into Linux.  Any other hints?
>
> There was a great article on a guy's experience _successfully_ getting a
> full refund from a hardware vendor ($199US) for XP.
>
> He had to take them to small claims court, though.  How far do you want to
> take it?  Hear's the story on it:
>
>         http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=7040

If you read the story carefully, he got the court to rule in his favour.
The collection of the $199 bucks is quite another story.  If the company
refuses to pay, he has to go to a bailiff or back to court.

This is my understanding, but makes it no less of an overdue and
joyful event.

Perhaps CLIC will support Mr. Goldberg's endeavour?