Windows refund experience?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 27 21:38:00 UTC 2003

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 05:30:23PM -0400, Ian Goldberg wrote:
> The new Dell laptop just arrived by Purolator.  I've got the Debian
> install CD at the ready, but before I do anything, does anyone have
> (local, or at least Canadian) experience with trying to get a Windows
> refund from a manufacturer?

I suspect Dell is going to be VERY hard to get anything out of, given
they probably have their own agreement with MS, and don't even use the
standard install disk.  Most likely they don't even give you media.

> I notice I can't even see the EULA anywhere in the box; I suspect it's
> likely to be in the shrinkwrapped Windows XP Home pamphlet.  [Though
> there's no notice (at least on the outside) of the form "removing
> shrinkwrap implies agreement".]
>
> I certainly don't intend to turn the machine on without it booting
> straight into Linux.  Any other hints?

Simplest is to just let it blow up windows and forget it ever existed,
when you boot Linux.

Just my guess on things.

Len