http:--www.e-laws.gov.on.ca:81- (fwd)

Max Blanco blanco-S8qYAnHmZTt34ZA5RureAJ4VBq8PJc8F at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 27 18:45:31 UTC 2003

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Fraser Campbell wrote:

> On August 27, 2003 12:23 pm, Max Blanco wrote:
>
>     http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/DBLaws/Statutes/English/90d03_e.htm

I didn't notice...

> A .doc is also provided (see
> http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/download2_E.asp?lang=en&docFile=Statutes/English/90d03_e.doc).

[snip]

> Currently you have loads of options to choose from, these are the
> ones that I have installed:

I prefer antiword myself, but it doesn't do tables.  But that's not my
point.

> If the .doc is what you find objectionable what is your preference, pdf?

[snip]

> ... especially since they are providing html (I assume that you didn't notice
> it).

You corrected me, and thanks for that.  I find both .doc and .pdf
objectionable, for the reason that they mask behind machine language what
ought to be plain text. I suppose ascii-->english translators to be
universal.  I don't suppose doc-->english to be universal, nor
pdf-->english.  html-->english is my next choice, which I hadn't seen.