Help! Disk space error

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 27 18:15:42 UTC 2003

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Sidney Shapiro wrote:

> I am just concerned about running out of space again and having all my
> programs go down (as was the case of my web mail and PHP). If it's not
> possible to increase the size, its not a big deal, Ill just have to keep
> an eye on the size of /.

If you link /tmp to /var/tmp (see my last mail for details) then new files
in /tmp will appear in /var/tmp (where you have lots of space).  The risk
of / filling again would be greatly reduced.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org, zzbrock at uqconnect.net