Help! Disk space error

teddymills teddymills-VFlxZYho3OA at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 27 15:07:52 UTC 2003

As a quick fix, I used to boot into single mode, and then ditch some large
files or logs etc
 I did not need to make space...

Linux will save about 5% of the inodes, so diskspace used is really not
100%.

Long term fix will require finding what is on / that is using the space, be
it /var or
whatever and moving it somewhere else..(ie. another disk)