SCO has valid case

Rick Tomaschuk rickl-ZACYGPecefkNbK0NzMECUg at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 24 05:54:42 UTC 2003

The more I read from you the better the other guys are looking in
terms of business partners. I'm sure happy I don't have to work with
you. What happened? Mama put you on the toilet seat the wrong way
around?
RickT

If you kick every yappy dog on the way to town...you'll never get
there. Bark Bark Amir

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 22:34:24 -0400, Emir <emir-rdkfGonbjUTTQjIoRn/dzw at public.gmane.org> wrote
:

> Rick Tomaschuk wrote:
> | I did not get the impression SCO was trying to drag down the Linux
> | name especially as a "past time" but rather they are moving to
protect
> | their IP (Intellectual Property) in the very same manner the music
> | industry has been doing. (ie.Napster) They seem adamant about
their
> | current holdings (UNIX) and are trying to enforce their legal
rights.

> That's OK, we've already concluded beyond reasonable doubt that your
power of
> perception is somewhat lesser than your skills in web design.
Nevertheless, it
> is telling that you draw parallel between SCO and RIAA.
>
> | SCO's assertion is that IBM (as a company, not rogue employees)
did
> | knowingly  introduce AIX code to Linux licensed from the
> | SCO/Novell/AT&T agreement. SCOX (Nasdaq $13.55) is a tiny company
> | approx. 350 employees & current market cap 100M++ now that their
stock
> | price has increased from below one dollar a year ago. They were
almost
> | delisted.
>
> I can't make head or tail from this paragraph.  What exactly are you
trying to
> say here?  What's SCO's assertion on what IBM has and hasn't done
got to do
> with SCO's market cap?
>
> | SCO has an impressive team of professionals working on all aspects
of this case.

> How exactly did you come to this conclusion?  Did you meet these
fine people?
> How exactly are you so well versed with their expertise and
experience?

> | SCO is not a group of "stupid idiots" as many seem to think they
are.

> Actually, they are.  They're running a scam for someone else (hint:
big company
> in northwest USA whose latest desktop operating systems allows
people to fly,
> at least in commercials), hoping to cash in in the process.  They
certainly
> have been so far (looking at the stock dumping their execs have
exercised over
> the past few weeks), but it's gonna end sooner or later, because
they'll
> eventually have to show some evidence.  They have pissed off the
wrong group of
> people who will want to see them pay for it.  And pay they will, no
doubt.

> | I'm amazed no one on the list server with advanced programming
skills
> | took the time to go to Vegas to try to get to the bottom of things
or
> | at the very least to hear SCO's side and grill them on the spot.
They
> | were all there answering any and all questions. At least no one
else
> | on the list server has spoken out yet about their trip to SCOForum
> | yet
>
> I almost did, but then I realized that wiping my ass with those
crisp $20 bills
> would actually be money better spent.  I quickly backed off, though,
as those
> greenbacks leave nasty abrasions.
>
> | Hell I'm almost sorry I said anything now.
>
> That's OK, you just probably never heard of the saying "when you
have nothing
> intelligent to say, better not say anything at all" or "better to
have people
> *think* you're stupid than say something and remove all doubt".  You
live, you
> learn, eh?
>
> | I UNDERSTAND substantial code exists above and beyond the
powerpoint
> | presentation however SCO is not prepared to release it
publicly...yet.

> You're really beginning to sound more and more like a shill.  What's
with
> "yet"?  Darl "The Annointed One" McBride has been rather adamant
that they're
> not gonna release any "proof" in public, so who are you to insinuate
they may
> do so in future?
>
> | Don't dump on me.
>
> Why not?  I'd pay you good money...
>
> | I support the Linux effort with great enthusiasm
> | since it began but need to have options for different customers.
I'm