SCO has valid case

Emir emir-rdkfGonbjUTTQjIoRn/dzw at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 24 02:34:24 UTC 2003

Rick Tomaschuk wrote:
| I did not get the impression SCO was trying to drag down the Linux
| name especially as a "past time" but rather they are moving to protect
| their IP (Intellectual Property) in the very same manner the music
| industry has been doing. (ie.Napster) They seem adamant about their
| current holdings (UNIX) and are trying to enforce their legal rights.

That's OK, we've already concluded beyond reasonable doubt that your power of
perception is somewhat lesser than your skills in web design.  Nevertheless, it
is telling that you draw parallel between SCO and RIAA.

| SCO's assertion is that IBM (as a company, not rogue employees) did
| knowingly  introduce AIX code to Linux licensed from the
| SCO/Novell/AT&T agreement. SCOX (Nasdaq $13.55) is a tiny company
| approx. 350 employees & current market cap 100M++ now that their stock
| price has increased from below one dollar a year ago. They were almost
| delisted.

I can't make head or tail from this paragraph.  What exactly are you trying to
say here?  What's SCO's assertion on what IBM has and hasn't done got to do
with SCO's market cap?

| SCO has an impressive team of professionals working on all aspects of this case.

How exactly did you come to this conclusion?  Did you meet these fine people?
How exactly are you so well versed with their expertise and experience?

| SCO is not a group of "stupid idiots" as many seem to think they are.

Actually, they are.  They're running a scam for someone else (hint: big company
in northwest USA whose latest desktop operating systems allows people to fly,
at least in commercials), hoping to cash in in the process.  They certainly
have been so far (looking at the stock dumping their execs have exercised over
the past few weeks), but it's gonna end sooner or later, because they'll
eventually have to show some evidence.  They have pissed off the wrong group of
people who will want to see them pay for it.  And pay they will, no doubt.

| I'm amazed no one on the list server with advanced programming skills
| took the time to go to Vegas to try to get to the bottom of things or
| at the very least to hear SCO's side and grill them on the spot. They
| were all there answering any and all questions. At least no one else
| on the list server has spoken out yet about their trip to SCOForum
| yet

I almost did, but then I realized that wiping my ass with those crisp $20 bills
would actually be money better spent.  I quickly backed off, though, as those
greenbacks leave nasty abrasions.

| Hell I'm almost sorry I said anything now.

That's OK, you just probably never heard of the saying "when you have nothing
intelligent to say, better not say anything at all" or "better to have people
*think* you're stupid than say something and remove all doubt".  You live, you
learn, eh?

| I UNDERSTAND substantial code exists above and beyond the powerpoint
| presentation however SCO is not prepared to release it publicly...yet.

You're really beginning to sound more and more like a shill.  What's with
"yet"?  Darl "The Annointed One" McBride has been rather adamant that they're
not gonna release any "proof" in public, so who are you to insinuate they may
do so in future?

| Don't dump on me.

Why not?  I'd pay you good money...

| I support the Linux effort with great enthusiasm
| since it began but need to have options for different customers. I'm
| as adversely affected by all this the same as others in the industry.

Who's adversely affected?  As far as Linux adoption is concerned, it has only
picked up, not slowed down.  Linux users cannot possibly be affected by this,
as they can never be asked to pay license fees for alleged copyright violation.
~ Eben Moglen, Professor of Law at Columbia made an analogy of newspaper readers
being forced to pay fees for reading an article in the newspaper that was
violating copyright of another paper.

Of course, there's nothing in your posts thus far that would lead me to believe
you'd actually be able to see the idiocy of such a scenario, as you seem to
have accepted all other idiocies served to you.

| I don't need more FUD in my life. I was working with 3.5, 3.51, NT
| when it first arrived. I sure did'nt need that CRAP in my life
| especially when Novell had (what I considered) to be rock solid
| technology at the time. I welcome all comments.

Oh, that's cute, you're trying to score some points with the readers of this
list by throwing cheap shots at WinNT, hoping it'll stick coz we all know Linux
users are MS haters...

| Nothing like a great brainstorming session to liven things up.

I think you're confused by terminology here, "brainstorm" is not the same as
"brainfart".

I think SCO has underestimated this forum's collective intellect when they
hired you to shill it.  If I was SCO Purchasing Officer, I'd ask for my money back.

- --
Emir.

"If there's anything more important than my ego around,
~ I want it caught and shot now."    [Zaphod Beeblebrox]