SCO has valid case

Anton Markov anton-F0u+EriZ6ihBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 24 02:55:23 UTC 2003

Rick Tomaschuk wrote:

> What on earth is
>wrong with a free market? Our whole economy is based on a free market.
>The world is moving toward globalization. The GPL is a welcome
>addition to our world but we still need to maintain other options. IMHO

    There is nothing wrong with the free market.  However, using the
system of laws which is
designed to restrict (opposite of free) rights to do business is not
what I consider free market
economy.  Rather than spending their energy on developing a better
product to compete with linux,
or capitalising on its use like IBM has done, SCO is trying to succeed
by bringing others down
which is the first sign of a bandit (couldn't find a better term).  And
what do you mean by other
options?  (I'll spare you my ironic example).

    Also on the topic of corporations (in response to another recent
post) I would like to say that
corporations where originally designed to protect individuals from law
suits, governments (tax
collections, inspections, and other nonsense), etc.  However, when the
corporation is ran by a
hired or public body  (management, shareholders), it becomes a body much
like our government,
and no better than it.

    I personally agree with Peter that we need to solve the problem
first (if SCO actually identifies it)
and then worry about who is to blame.  I personally think lawsuits
should have a time limit - 6 months
and then it's over.  That way normal people can get on with their life.

---

Anton