ss.org email trouble

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 23 16:59:09 UTC 2003

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, Peter L. Peres wrote:

> It turns out that the mail problem is not at ss.org afaik but one hop
> before it, at a place called nte.com

Hi Peter.  I'm seeing something very different to you.

> Therefore point your mta transport map to ss.org directly [206.108.5.1]
> and your mail will arrive. I just did this with full logging and it works
> fine.

For me at least it'll just go straight to 206.108.5.1 (in a messaging
sense, not a packet sense of course):

zen:~$ host -t mx ss.org
ss.org                  MX      1 lethe.ss.org

zen:~$ host lethe.ss.org
lethe.ss.org            A       206.108.5.1

> mail.ets.com is some sort of mx or hop on the way to ss.org from ??? I
> keep getting reminders that it still tries to send my mail, with ss.org
> timing out every time on the transfer.

Both mail.ets.com & mail.nte.com do not resolve for me:

zen:~$ host mail.ets.com
mail.ets.com does not exist, try again

zen:~$ host mail.nte.com
mail.nte.com does not exist, try again

The domains do exist which is not surprising given the are both 3 letters
:)

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org, zzbrock at uqconnect.net