SCO has valid case

Rick Tomaschuk rickl-ZACYGPecefkNbK0NzMECUg at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 23 15:54:22 UTC 2003

At the briefing SCO claimed copyright and trademark ownership of the
UNIX name. As for ties to Microsoft going back many years SCO referred
to these claims as laughable and I would be skeptical of SCO's
involvement and any sort of stock sell off given the fallout from
Enron, Tyco, Martha etc. Unix coming from mixed origins (Berkeley)is
based on confidential agreements and otherwise with AT&T to rewrite code.

While I may not be 100% right on with every tiny tid-bit since I have
better things to do than filter through every line of every article
ever written on the subject I'm confident in the accuracy of the bulk
of what I'm saying since I've had the opportunity to get answers
directly from SCO's CEO and other CEO's and officers who seem to know
what they are talking about.

I'm just a low level partner like many others I've met at TLUG
meetings. If you are as informed as you think you are we could have
used you in Las Vegas this week. Why were'nt you there? The trip cost
peanuts compared to the long term value it offered. What on earth is
wrong with a free market? Our whole economy is based on a free market.
The world is moving toward globalization. The GPL is a welcome
addition to our world but we still need to maintain other options. IMHO