A Canadian Response to SCO

Max Blanco blanco-S8qYAnHmZTt34ZA5RureAJ4VBq8PJc8F at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 23 11:52:19 UTC 2003

On 22 Aug 2003, Matthew Rice wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> This has been forwarded from the NewTLUG mailing list.  Bill Traynor [the
> original poster] hasn't been able to send this to TLUG.  Well, at least he
> and I haven't seen it show up on the list.
>
> So I'm trying.

Can I read somewhere about how this issue affects the little guy?
I have a 1995 distro of redhat.  Does this affect me?
What about if I have a 2.2 kernel built in 2000?

CLIC has been up in arms over the courtroom theatrics, but how about
the substance?  It hasn't been clear to me why I should care.
(Sorry if that's a little blunt.)

If I read this right, as long as you stick to 2.4 kernel code, who cares?

Can you delete the offending 27 lines of code from the kernel and still
make it crash proof and kickass...?