bash history

Lloyd D Budd lloyd-fEEwcc3XMu8jODpR/OX0VQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 17 21:04:08 UTC 2003

Hi,

>From time to time I wonder how 'history' works, and what is the
mechanism for the many bash sessions making it into '.bash_history'?

Today, I was reminded of my previous wondering as 'history'  corrupted
my session's display -- 'reset' resolved.

I find the most useful history related command to be:
	[Ctrl]+r :: reverse incremental search

I just now found HISTIGNORE.

I am aware of bash-completion.  It seems that one could do a lot more
with this thinking.  Any smart history search/modification tools out
there?

Cheers,
Lloyd