TLUG vs Sympatico

Gregory Pleau gregory.pleau-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 12 02:59:41 UTC 2003

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Walter Dnes wrote:

>   There was a thread approx a month ago on can.internet.highspeed with
> Sympatico users complaining bitterly that Sympatico is now blocking
> *INBOUND* (yes, I said *INBOUND*) port 25, as well as outbound port 25
> to/from user IP addresses.  You must now use Sympatico's MTA for all
> email activity, unless you ssh-tunnel (or something similar) to another
> site.

Haven't noticed that blocking yet. Outbound was fixed easily enough.
Also don't recall getting any notice about those plans! They turned on a
new 'spam blocking' feature that I promptly disabled.
To quote Python: 'I told 'em we already got one....'

This is one of thone times I'd hop over to one of those nice static-ip,
server friendly ISPs but the idea of two weeks downtime on my broadband...

Yikes.

Gregory Pleau
--\--
www.gregorypleau.com