[GTALUG-Announce] AGM and Call for Candidates

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 10:21:13 EDT 2020

Hear ye!  Hear ye!  This is a Call for Candidates for the GTALUG
Board.

October 13th is GTALUG's Annual General Meeting, our tiny piece of
"political pageantry."

There are two seats opening, for 2 year terms (2020-2022).

Please consider running for the board, and keep in mind the following.

There are two formal qualifications that candidates need to satisfy:
 - Must be a GTALUG member in good standing
 - Must not have any undischarged bankruptcy

It is also important to be able to be available most months for
Board/Operations meetings where we plan GTALUG meetings and
activities.  These meetings normally take place on the Monday evening
following the regular Tuesday meeting.  These days, this takes place
on-line, using Jitsi.

This is not an extraordinarily huge burden, but it does mean that
there are 48 meetings (counting both "second Tuesday" and "the
following Monday") where we hope to see you, and we hope to see you
most of the time.

Board members are involved in and support the following activities.
 - Finding speakers for our monthly presentations
 - Operating our internet infrastructure (website and mailing lists)
 - Organizing and running our annual Linux in the Park picnic (in less
   pandemic-stricken times)
 - Our involvement as a member organization of ICANN

If you are interested, we'd appreciate it very much if you can submit
your intention to run to the email address: board at gtalug.org

The incumbents whose previous terms are expiring are:
- Chris Browne
- Alex Volkov

Potential Candidates are welcome to announce their intention all the
way up to the day of the AGM itself.