- See also
- To do -- Things to be done for this place.
A central place to chat about this wiki.
Look and feel
Some things to think about:
- The tone of language.
- The presentation style.
- Presentation of structure, linking style and such.
- The main "skin".
- The TLUG logo at the top-left.
- Other random artwork.
See Talk:Main Page for some other discussion.
Should newtlug be removed?
Should the channel be renamed to #gtalug?
A Skin Issue
On the note of skins, with and only with Cologne Blue, the text "The Free Encyclopedia" is displayed under the TLUG at the upper-left. Normally I would add it to the bug list, but there are no indications of preferred formatting of the reports. --Seneca 00:15, 29 Apr 2005 (EDT)
- The non-default skins appear to have fallen by the wayside. They are out of date and as you pointed out they contain stuff from old versions of the original wikipedia-centric MediaWiki (in fact, some of the guts of the wiki itself can look like that). My gut tells me to just yank all of those other skins because I'm not willing to fix the long list of issues that I have for them. However, if you have little things that a monkey like myself can fix, then sure I can probably figure it out. The best thing to do is write a note in my talk page.. with no perferred formatting other than politeness. =) I'll make a note to fix cologne blue. -- Sy / (talk) 09:01, 29 Apr 2005 (EDT)
- http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cologne_skin -- Maybe we could use this skin instead?
I've been experimenting with pictures on my own site http://jrandomhacker.info and I rather like being able to add pictures like that. Are there any opinions on doing something similar with our Main Page? (Once uploading is fixed) -- Sy / (talk) 08:15, 2 Jun 2005 (EDT)
I've been experimenting with the sidebar concept. We could easily use this neat trick to allow for much easier navigation, by putting a sidebar on each relevant page. This leverages the templating concept we already use. Observe: