Tuesday 13th March, 2012 at 7:30 pm
Better Network Living with PXE, Scott Sullivan
This talk will cover the process of setting up a PXE environment in your network for the use of Network Boot, Network Installation and Utilities. After the ground work is in place I'll cover some advanced uses of a PXE infrastructure. Examples include fancy boot selection menus, Redundant DHCP, gPXE for booting from iSCSI and ATAoE, net-loaded hardware diagnostic tools, etc...
This talk is a follow up to a talk given two years ago, but prior knowledge of that talk is not required for this one. Meetings:2010-01
Room GB248 (*), Galbraith Building, University of Toronto 35 St George St Toronto, Ontario M5S 3G8 University of Toronto
(*) To Accommodate Student Classes, the room number may differ. There will always be sign posted at this room should that be the case.
- 6:00 pm - There is a get together of GTALUGers at Pho 88 restaurant 270 Spadina Ave (South of Dundas) for food and socializing.
- 7:30 pm - Meeting and presentation.
- 9:00 pm - After each meeting (at 9:00 pm) a group of GTALUGers move to the GSU Pub for beer and more socializing.
A bit about PXE
- Wikipedia on Preboot Execution Environment
- PXE Wiki
- Installing Debian using network booting
- CentOS PXE setup