- See also
User group desires.
Right now this is an open topic, but it will be closed as soon as a decent outline is done. Help will be welcomed. Really, each item should point to a section of this wiki or otherwise be easily defined.
The Greater Toronto Area Linux User Group is committed to the free exchange of Linux-related information. Our goals as a user group include the creation of mechanisms that allow people with a common interest in linux to socialize.
- To promote interest in and use of the Linux operating system, the Free Software Foundation, and the GNU Public License.
- To foster Linux education and training.
- To organize and sponsor special events
- To encourage public acceptance of Linux and Open Source solutions. This may involve demonstrating Linux equivalents to proprietary software.
- To provide various means for the free exchange of information, news, and ideas about Linux and the Open Source advantage.
- To employ Linux and Free Software solutions in addressing social and technological problems in the Greater Toronto Area.
We have tended to find it more important to do and to promote these things than to work very hard to solicit Membership. Traditionally, we would like to have members, but think it particularly important to encourage useful activity.
~Do: Integrate the original incorporation "mission statement"