Seasoned Python Developer Wanted
(Posted 24 July 2011)
This is an opportunity to take on the challenging task of managing a sophisticated web application
The successful candidate will be a senior programmer (or very skilled intermediate), fluent in our key programming languages (below), good with people and helpful to our clients.
He or she is a self-starter, comfortable with taking on responsibility, and capable of working solo from home. Appreciates a small-company environment where his/her contributions have an immediate impact
The ideal candidate will be available for face-to-face meetings with the Chief Operating Officer in downtown Toronto.
Panoramic Feedback is a specialized application service provider with an excellent international reputation. Our website: http://www.panoramicfeedback.com
Our system has provided hundreds of thousands of leaders with a broad perspective on their skills through the eyes of their colleagues, which supports them in developing their abilities to the full. Our system is used in over 50 languages (European, Cyrillic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean).
Panoramic Feedback was the first Internet-based 360-degree feedback system worldwide. 360 has gained acceptance as a major contributor to high standards of leadership.
We have created a powerful user interface based on Python, PostgreSQL, TurboGears, ExtJS, Kid, Genshi, and C++, on a Linux platform.
We rely heavily on a culture of testing, using unit tests, continuous integration, and Selenium functional testing.
The challenge of this position is to end our dependence on the legacy C++ code base, so we can focus on developing new and interesting features.
Developer's major responsibilities
Commensurate with experience.
IMPORTANT: To differentiate your reply from spammers, please place these words "I AM REAL" at beginning of your reply. All others will be discarded
Respond with a resume (preferably PDF) and a brief description of why you see yourself as a good fit for this role to: techjobs@panoramicfeedback dot com.
Posted June 10, 2011
Senior Linux Administrator- Mississauga
Established in 1990, Telmetrics is an innovative and energetic company in an exciting industry where the technology is constantly evolving. We are currently seeking a Senior Linux Administrator to join our IT Operations team. Reporting to the Manager, IT Operations, the successful candidate will plan, implement and support the company’s backend administration of its Linux network and MySQL servers to ensure continuous network availability.
As part of a highly skilled technical team this is an excellent opportunity for a senior administrator to grow and share their knowledge of Linux and MySQL.'
Key Responsibilities: • Linux Network Architecture- working with system architects and administrators, ensure Linux and MySQL networks follow best practices regarding fault tolerance, security and overall design; • Linux Network and MySQL Administration- install, configure, update and troubleshoot all Linux application servers, scaling to meet capacity projections and maximizing optimization; • As the Linux expert within the team, define and implement standard operating procedures/policies and recommend changes; • Ensure timely problem diagnosis/resolution and take steps to prevent future occurrences; • Off hours response and scheduled maintenance window support.
Knowledge and Experience:• Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science/Network Administration; • RHCE or equivalent certification/experience; • Minimum of 5 years experience administering MySQL in an enterprise environment; • Experience working with co-location and telecommunication providers.
Skills and Abilities:• Strong proficiency in designing and deploying automation; • MySQL horizontal scaling, partitioning, proxy, optimization, load simulation and back-up procedures; • Ability to setup and administer a distributed Linux network including OS, patches, DNS, web, mail, monitoring, database, Java, Perl and shell scripts; • Strong ability to prioritize tasks and respond to unexpected service affecting issues; • Strong problem solving skills including ability to troubleshoot database performance problems, application servers, shell scripts and data networks; • Ability to work through solutions in a team oriented environment; • Desire to continuously learn and keep abreast of new technologies.
To apply for this position, in confidence, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Senior/Lead Linux Systems Administrator - Toronto
Rypple is looking for an experienced Senior/Lead Linux Systems Administrator to join our fast-paced team.
Rypple is social software that makes feedback and coaching easy and fun. We're a well funded venture backed start-up with offices in Toronto and San Francisco that’s creating a lot of buzz. We have a killer team and a growing community of users, partners and customers, including cool ones like Mozilla, Hulu, and Rackspace. We're moving fast, building neat stuff, and we're trying to change the world.
Our technology team is passionate, collaborative, smart, and gets things done. We've got skills in enterprise and web-app development, usability, gaming, social media, and mobile. Our work environment is creative and laid-back, but very focused on the fast-paced delivery of user value. We care about outcomes, not "formal process" or "our way". We're flexible — with tools, technology, and our approach. We don't like waste and we like to iterate.
At Rypple, you'll...
* Design, deploy and maintain all servers * Install, manage, monitor and tune web applications * Architect a highly-available web application infrastructure * lead infrastructure security, and coordinate application-level security with the development team * Provide oncall system monitoring and support * Develop and execute upon business continuity and disaster recovery plans. * Work closely with our Dev team and other cross functional teams * Help with corporate IT solutions * Be highly adaptable to technical challenges and thrive in an adaptive environment * Be disciplined and get stuff done
You've gotta have:
* Great communication skills -- Klingon counts * Solid experience with RHEL or CentOS (an RHCE or RHCA is nice) * Experience designing, deploying and maintaining secure Enterprise environments which include kickstart, configuration management, clustering, performance analysis and tuning, and infrastructure monitoring. * You can configure Apache, SSL and webapp connectors with your eyes closed * Experience with MySQL, SMTP, Nagios, Cfengine * Experience with infrastructure and application-level security * Demonstrated attention to the tiniest of details * Passion for our Users * Self starter with a passion for quality that’s contagious * Experience leading a network ops team, or ready to take that next step...
Experience with this stuff is good:
* Cloud-based infrastructure from companies such as Amazon or Rackspace * Multi-tenant SaaS infrastructure * Java-based environments, including appservers such as Tomcat or Jetty * Lean and Agile technical shops * Start up experience
Please click the following link top apply: http://rypple.com/careers/seniorlead-linux-systems-administrator/ak8Dmoeumr4ipAeJe4bk1X
Seasoned Python Developer Wanted
(Posted 9 Sept 2010)
Panoramic Feedback is a respected international provider of a software-as-a-service 360-degree feedback tool (www.panoramicfeedback.com). Our system has provided hundreds of thousands of leaders with a broad perspective on their skills through the eyes of their colleagues, which supports them in developing their abilities to the full.
The Python developer we hire will work from our convenient offices in downtown Toronto (Bathurst subway station). As a permanent full-time member of our team, he/she will take a leading role in our software development.
Please respond with a resume (preferably PDF) and a brief description of why you see yourself as a good fit for this role.
The job will suit a candidate who
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
If this job matches your qualifications, please contact: techjobs at panoramicfeedback dot com
We are looking for Linux Administrator
A Linux System Administrator experienced with Debian and CentOS in a heterogeneous environment. We are fast paced leading edge company that uses technology solutions to grow our business globally. The candidate should be a self-starter that needs very little supervision for projects, operational support and interfaces with project personnel as a point of contact for related projects.
* Monitor and maintain the security and integrity of computer systems, and provide secure computing solutions * Monitor computer resources, workload and tune where necessary * Monitor, report, and resolve hardware/software errors * Assist in establishing and implementing IT objectives and policies * Install and maintain system hardware * Install and maintain system software in test and production environments * Configure Internet services and daemons (Apache, qmail, ProFTPD, PHP, MySQL) * Troubleshoot and resolve system related customer issues * Provide on-call emergency support (pager responsibilities rotate between all staff) * Mentor junior administrators and NOC technicians
* Minimum of 4+ years of professional experience in Linux/Unix administration * Advanced knowledge of the Linux operating system (Debian, CentOS Linux) LPI certification an asset * Experience with high volume Internet services (Web, email) * Experience with qmail and spam assassin * Experience with LAMP systems (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) * Experience with high availability architectures (server fail-over/clustering/load balancing) * Experience with SAN/DAS/NAS storage systems (NetApp, Dell) * Proficiency in scripting languages - Bash, Perl and Python * TCP/IP networking knowledge - proficiency in Cisco IOS (FWSM, ACE) is a plus * Experience with MySQL and PostgreSQL * Virtualization technology - VMWARE, Xen, Virtuozzo
Required Personal Skills
* Clear communicator (both written and verbal) * Good technical or WIKI documentation skills * Willing to learn and develop new skills * Good self-awareness. Actively seeks out tasks that help develop skills and knowledge. * Ability to work on own initiative * ‘Can do’ attitude. Flexible and adaptable approach to problem solving. * Cooperate with other teams. Actively encourage strong working relationships with other teams.
Nice to Have
* Experience with Parallels Automation system * Experience and knowledge of Windows OS is an asset * Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Exchange an asset * Experience and knowledge with Microsoft HyperV an asset. LPI certifications
* Full-Time Employment * Group Benefits Plan * Birthday day off
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We sincerely appreciate and thank to all applications, however; only suitable candidates will be contacted further.