[GTALUG] AI - Llama 2 an open source AI that can run on a Raspberry PI

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Sun Jan 14 14:12:45 EST 2024

On Sun, Jan 14, 2024 at 7:31 AM Colin McGregor <colin.mc151 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Okay, so obvious next question, what fully open alternatives are
> currently available for Llama 2 and if there are none what can we do
> to help create such an alternative?

Right now the community involved in advancing "Open AI" is still in the
definition phase, trying to determine what that means.

One could do worse than look at the progress made along this path:
https://blog.opensource.org/closing-the-2023-rounds-of-deep-dive-ai-with-first-draft-piece-of-the-definition-of-open-source-ai/

One of the primary movers of this effort will be speaking at the February
meeting of GTALUG.

- Evan