[GTALUG] Cheap possible router PC?

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Thu Sep 7 11:02:00 EDT 2023

On 2023-09-07 10:14, Giles Orr via talk wrote:
> I'm going to post twice about this ... but this email is simply about
> a good deal and possible router PC:
>
> https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0C2HLRV41
>
> Tiny (9x9x5cm), colourful (LED strip at the base, could definitely
> live without), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel 12th Gen 4-core N95, 3x HDMI,
> 2x Ethernet - $188 all in with free shipping (notice the large $84
> coupon you need to apply).  It's also available with more RAM and/or a
> bigger SSD.  Seemed like a good deal to me - feel free to comment ...
>
> Mine has arrived, and I had no trouble at all installing Debian 12
> headless on it (it comes with Windows 11 if that's your thing).

Funny you should mention that.  The other day, I received a catalog for
Qotom mini PCs.  I posted the catalog on Digital Home Canada here:
https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/qotom-mini-pc-catalog.295008/

As mentioned in that post, I have one of those, which I run pfSense on.
BTW, I had no idea they had so many models.  😮