[GTALUG] (very off topic) torque spec of impact wrench

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Fri Nov 3 11:02:59 EDT 2023

This is what happened after getting 4 new brakes and 2 new calipers at
the dealership.  They over-tightened it!

     - I tried 12in pipe (it's all I have).  It slips, and I don't want
to step on that.  Maybe longer pipe will work.

     - I've been told (by YouTube, Google) that you shouldn't apply any
oil or anti-seize grease.

     - VW uses 17mm bolt, instead of lug nut.  So, cutting them off is
not an option. :-)

1. I'll try to find 2-4ft pipe at reasonable price.

2. If not, Canadian Tire has sale on "air wrench"
     -
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maximum-impact-wrench-with-built-in-regulator-3-8-in-0581968p.0581968.html
Web says "3/8", manual says "1/2", and I'll see what the box says.

Thanks guys.  I wish I paid more attention to "shop class" in high
school.  "If I knew then, what I know now...".