[GTALUG] [offtopic] Opinions on Freedom Mobile, please

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Aug 3 05:26:02 EDT 2023

On Thu, Aug 3, 2023 at 4:32 AM BCLUG via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> > My one burp is that I'm having an issue turning on Wifi Calling, seems
> > to be a handshake issue between phone and carrier. Will investigate.
>
> I wish I could remember the procedure I followed to enable WiFi calling, but
> am drawing a blank.

Checked some forums.

One suggested turning on airplane mode, THEN tuning on wifi and enabling
Wifi calling, then turning airplane mode off.
It seems to have overcome my problem and the feature is enabled.

Now to test.

> > Speedtest reports 267Mbps down/66.5 Mbps up at home (though I neglected
> > to do a "before" test with Koodo).
>
> Crap, that's ~4-5x faster down and ~10x faster up than my home internet connection
> serving 5 people.

Similar situation here, but my home uses WAY more than 30GB/month --
likely, so does yours.

- Evan