[GTALUG] wireless to ethernet adapter suggestions?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu Apr 13 18:13:36 EDT 2023

Hi wise souls,
I hope I ask this question clearly, as it may be hard to picture.
My new landlord is including Internet in my rent, all the more motivation
to find a solution.
he has bell, fibe for home, which includes things like Internet, but is
not very aware of unique methods of using the Internet, like Ethernet
connections.
  for the past year I have quite easily used fibe connections with my
main machine, so I feel sure this may be more about distance than anything
else.
There is no physical modem in my apartment.  Instead, I have a set of two
adapter I got from the source a few years back.
they plug into the wall, have a single Ethernet  jack, and when the other
item is connected to the modem  via the same method, I can use the
network, no extra software involved.
The problem we are having though is that for unexplained reasons I loose
internet access, sometimes for minutes, sometimes for several hours at a
time.
My first thought was that perhaps the service  upstairs thinks i am a
threat, but again my new landlord has no idea how to check for this.
To be forthright the Internet shakiness is becoming a major factor for me
personally, I still have no land line, doing a great deal of work with
resources on line, like reach my office email.
Leading me to the question.
given adapter  like the one I am using now existed, think 2017 or 2018, I
am guessing comparative ones exist that allow the Ethernet connection to
tap into a wireless network.
By which I mean,  there will be no need for the adapter to be physically
connected to the service modem, the adapter can draw  upon  the wireless
resources, while still providing say a single Ethernet jack.
Anyone know of such an adapter?
amazon Canada would be wonderful as I have a gift card balance just now.
If confusing, ask questions that make it easier to follow,  my main
computer uses Ethernet only, I have no wireless resources whatsoever.
Thanks,
  Karen